Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Coffee Addict

Welcome to The Apple Pop Post.

Here is where I write down my occasional musings, post some photo work of mine and talk about my cooking. How exciting?

My thoughts exactly. However, sometimes these throwaway thoughts could amount to something greater or potentially be entertaining. That is where I hope this blog serves you, the reader, well.





Coffee Addict, as described by UrbanDictionary.com. I could easily testify that I am also one of these said "coffee addicts." No, I don't need 4-5 cups to function, but my morning is just not right without my hot mug of instant flavor. Quality doesn't even matter at that point- its 7am and I need the crappiest coffee I can snag. If that coffee so happens to be refined, Starbucks or good old DD, then wonderful. The morning is perfect.

Then strolls in the afternoon and I find myself glancing at the clock by my desk, comparing minutes to the clock on my computer screen. Is it past lunch? Would it be appropriate for me to grab my second cup at this time and would it last? Next thing I know, I am walking to my local coffee shop and spending dollar and change. That warm cup beats any sort of glove in the cold.

The late afternoon or evening is a questionable time. If I were to have my late second cup or my third at that time, I run the risk of being up all night, still hopped up on caffeine. Additionally, I run the risk of getting the jitters... Not a sensation I enjoy having on the ride home.
However, that ideal late cup is glorious when the moment is ideal, if that makes sense? The sun is warm and low. The coffee is warm and comforting. The day is coming to a close and all is well. I guess what I am trying to say is I am addicted to the feeling I experience when drinking coffee. Call it easy satisfaction or the nostalgic smell of your parents' fresh brew that you just were never allowed to have, coffee is my real-life stamina potion. Absolute magic.





Are you a dark or a light?

© Emily Rose 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment